Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Odd Lots #1: On 'Denial'




Not every thought I have can be expressed or expanded into a poem. Sometimes an idea will pass through my head that I need to write down and want to remember--something that encompasses how I am feeling either about myself and my life, or about something that I've heard, seen, or read that has given me pause to share my feelings on. Each writer or poet I know has these from time to time. They are our little "shorts." I am calling my random quotes "Odd Lots & Brief Thoughts" (or just "Odd Lots" for short) as these will likely be about a little bit of everything.

5 comments:

  1. I so TOTALLY know the feeling! I was just thinking over lunch an hour ago this very thing! I had a unique thought come to mind and said to myself, "That will never be a thought I can express, it will never fit into words."

    I've often called attempts at putting these thoughts to paper as "sketches". Just like artists have portfolios filled with masterpieces, and journals filled with sketches and doodles, I think writers can often put down fragments of ideas - perhaps for later use. Sometimes you return to things like this after they have aged and find you can turn them into full pieces! Nice thoughts Ginny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like thoughts like these - tiny facets that glint in our conscious mind, and need capturing on paper. I see you are another Pisces person - I think us fish often have such thoughts that flow through our days - or nights! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent quote! Everything about our past and everyone we come to recognize, even in the smallest way, helps shape who we become. We learn from all experiences, good and bad. Thanks for sharing. I do the same thing only with dark thoughts. I call my book: The Book of Tortured Souls. Thanks for stopping by at Knight Chills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by Writing with Debra. Your comment was appriciated. You have a very nice blog and I enjoyed reading your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea, the bits and pieces. I like that...may also use it, if you don't mind. And this particular quote is so very true Ginny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.