Monday, April 4, 2011

Dragonfly Dreams

I am a mixture of extremes
not just wife or mom it seems--
dig a bit perhaps you’ll see
the many different sides of me.

Mind swims with creative themes,
while hands tap out rhyming schemes.
Writer picks up pad and pen,
daydreamer escapes again.

Fledgling poet kicks and screams-
ideas bursting at the seams.
Have to sit and write a spell,
voices in my head to quell.

Does this help to understand
a bit more of who I am?
I am a mixture of extremes
metamorphosed through my dreams.

©Copyright Ginny Brannan April 2011
Internet Photo

*The dragonfly symbolizes change...change in the perspective of self-realization, the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life... to be able to see beyond the mundane into the vastness that is really our Universe...our own minds. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it! Appreciate your stopping in, and becoming a "follower." Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.