Monday, April 4, 2011

Clueless

All the clues were there in front of me,
but few of them were making any sense.
The letters were laid out so carefully,
just waiting for my research to commence.

Reading them again left me perplexed,
decided I must somehow be a ‘sleuth.’
The unknown outcome had me feeling vexed,
but knew that I would have to learn the truth.

Quite suddenly the answers did appear
from deep inside the recess of my brain…
solutions I had searched for became clear,
could finish this bewildering campaign.

No, I would never go down in defeat…
another Sunday crossword is complete!

http://www.pacificpuzzle.com/










©Copyright Ginny Brannan March 2011
Just for fun! In the style of a Sonnet, sort-of...


Shared at: http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.blogspot.com/
Week #44 5/22/2011

12 comments:

  1. you write so well.

    never go down in defeat, agreed.
    smiles.

    Happy Rally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Its like being lost in a forest. Slowly the path appears as you overlay your answers. Happy Rally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! another cross-word fan and one who writes so effortlessly. I do them even in my dreams. Hapy rally!
    LOVE
    Butterflies of time
    http://harivarasanam.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/1499/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written, thought it was life,till I read the last line, but then life is a puzzle as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "No, I would never go down in defeat…
    another Sunday crossword is complete!" Ah, I get it. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. I love the smile at the end. Crytograms are my addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have much of a crossword habit - but I love your writing thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great flow nice job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and well-written =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. a sonnet about crosswords? that's amazing!

    enjoyed the read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The punch-line was perfect. delightful poem that brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.