Sunday, February 5, 2012

A 'Sweet' Recognition


One of the most amazing writers I have come to know and admire has presented me with this award. “Liebster,”  is translated from German as dear/dearer/dearest or sweetheart. To my very, very dear friend, Joe Hesch, whom I have come to know in this digital world and bonded with over both similar interests, and admiration of his amazing poetry, story telling and incredible writing skill, I am truly humbled and graciously accept this from you!

In accepting this I am asked to:
  1. Show my appreciation to the friend (blogger) who shared this with me by linking back to him. (An honor to do so!) Joe’s blog can be found here at A Thing for Words He writes eloquently and from his heart of family, home, and life as he observes in his town, his surroundings-- touching us in ways we can all relate to.
  2.  Reveal my top 5 picks to receive this award, and let them know I have selected them as I have been selected. (Five is such a small number, just a glimpse actually of all of the wonderful blogs I follow, but am choosing a few of the folks whom I’ve come to know, whose writing speaks to and inspires me every day!)
  3. Post the Award on my blog, (where you are seeing it now!)
  4.  Accordingly, accept and bask in the love and support of friends and peers in the “Blogosphere” (without people like yourselves who read what we write, who inspire us, who offer their critique, their praise, their friendship, where would we be?!!!)
  5. And finally, have fun and spread the karma! (No problems here! I love sharing what I am passionate about, and I am passionate about these writers!!)

Here are my choices:

  • Susie Clevenger (Twitter handle: @wingsobutterfly)  Susie describes herself as “…much like the butterfly she loves, going through metamorphosis in her life, and letting imagination guide.” She  “hears, dreams, and breaths” poetry with every breath, and is ”living in a poem.” Susie is a prolific writer and an amazing woman. She and I share a love of words, an appreciation for music, and the incredibly, the same birthday! A friendship meant to be! Find Susie at Confessions of a Laundry Goddess
  • Steve King~~I have come to know Steve through his writing and amazing poetry shared on such sites as d’Verse Poets Pub. His classic poetry and amazing writing style is in a league of its own. I am happy to call him ‘friend’ and to share his blog with you here, that you might understand what it is that has captured me so with his words! You can read Steve's words at Excursions and Diversions
  • Christi Moon (@christi_moon) Christi’s words capture and captivate. Her writing has a smooth, almost lyrical style; her word choices always impeccable! She is not only is an accomplished poet and writer, but also a patient tutor, always willing to share her time and knowledge with those, like me, that are still honing their craft. Beautiful inside and out, am honored to know her and call her friend. Find Christi’s lovely words and verse here at Letters to the Moon 
  • Brian Miller (@ bmiller007)   Brian is just an incredible guy--husband, father, trying to figure out what life has in store next, and enjoying the journey. He is a writing machine--covering such topics as events,  current and past, that touch and affect him (and us), and sharing his heart in words that have captured and swept us away! Brian has to be the busiest man in the business, because he not only works, is an active family man, and writes prolifically, but always has time to share a comment or word of encouragement on every post he reads! Read Brian’s writing on his blog, Waystation One
  • Finally, my lovely Welsh friend Julie aka Carys (@caryspoet ) Her incredible and sensual words flow as smooth and seductive as the beautiful sea and the mountains near her home. She writes both free verse and structured poetry, and her structured poetry, primarily her Villanelles, reign as the best I have ever read. Her words and work have inspired my own writing to grow, my choices to expand. Am so honored to know her and call her friend. ddiolch 'ch , cara (Trusting the ‘on-line’ translator!!) Find her incredible words here at Rockpool Poetry

Just a note: To you, my friends who are the purists, the ones who choose not clutter your blog with awards but let you poetry stand on its own, no problem! I have still chosen to share your talent here because your writing, your words, your poetry are a continuing source of inspiration to me! Thank you all!!!

4 comments:

  1. thank you ma'am...it is a labor of love...2 years ago i never would have even thought to write poetry but it bit me good...and so i just want to give back...great group you have me bunched with as well...my honor ma'am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, sweet Ginny, I am honoured and genuinely touched by this my friend. It has been a pleasure to watch you grow and flourish as a poet. Your translation is perfect. Diolch yn fawr cariad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Ginny. I am so honored to be listed among such wonderful writers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks much, Ginny. I appreciate your interest and generosity and the indulgence of all the folks at dVerse....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.