Friday, April 24, 2020

With Good "Intentions"












I had all good intentions of writing today
nothing was going to stop me…
then I had to take the car to the mechanic,
endeavor to do the weekly supermarket shopping.
Next the unplanned defrosting of the freezer,
to make room for the newer purchases.
If only there where more hours in the day
or perhaps if I were a bit more organized...
not that that is likely to happen anytime soon.
So now the day grows late, and any inspiration dissipates.

© Ginny Brannan 2020

NaPoWriMo #23 Day 24  My day in a nutshell...

1 comment:

  1. So now the day grows late,
    and any inspiration dissipates.

    It gets on the nerves when little things rear their ugly heads. Not expecting but they do happen sometimes. It is ok for the world over is in the throes of lockdown which is more trying!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.