Saturday, April 25, 2020

Sharing Your Truth


















It’s out there every single day
for all the world to see
the creases and the smile lines
deep-etched in your skin
perhaps small remnants to remind
of pain you  held within.
All the scars and battle wounds
from every surgery;
the added complications
still show peripherally

The years we’ve had together
have not always been kind
your once thick hair no longer there
I take it as a sign…
For every scar and wrinkle
denotes another year
and if I have my ‘druthers
I’d rather you were here

So let them see the flaws and lines,
show them off with pride
share yourself out to the world
I know what’s inside—
How you’ve never given up
how you’ve come so far
inspiring those still struggling
by being who you are.

Through triumphs and the  trials
through faith and family
those hard earned scars are just a part
of all you are to me.

© Ginny Brannan 2020

#24 NaPoWriMo  Something I wrote in the past few months. A rather snapshot of someone I know who never gives up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.