Thursday, April 16, 2020

What We Carry Inside

It’s been nearly six decades since I knew this girl
I remember so little of what we shared then
but there were people that loved us
and all was right with our world.
Over the years, some disappeared, while others were found.
Each shaped the woman she’d turn out to be
each one retained, now part of me…
and the love still remains, 
 where it needs to be. 

© Ginny Brannan 2020


#15 NaPoWriMo There is much nostalgia that surrounds each holiday, Easter is no exception.Yes, I realize this is written in two different "voices" First Person and Abject, but when looking through the lens of the past, sometimes it just feels that way. Image from 1958 give or take a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.