Monday, April 13, 2020

Gone, But Not Forgotten...














I loved the scent of your affections
and the sizzle of your heat,
I don’t need no sweet confections
your smoky taste leaves me complete;
Such a morning temptress, though anytime would do,
I don’t think that I could ever find
another that can take the place of you.

You were the cream inside my coffee
the sunlight on my windowpane,
your taste still lingers here upon my lips
but that’s all that remains…
Yes, I forgot to pick you up,
I was such a fool
now I’m left here to lament the taste of you.

Yes, I must acknowledge that my love for you is strong…
—you were the last piece of bacon in the fridge
              and now your go-o-o-o-one

...and now it’s time for me to move along.

© Ginny Brannan 2020

NaPoWriMo #12 

A few weeks back a friend challenged that someone should write a song about "bacon." Never one to let "sleeping challenges lie, "I came up with this. Yes, I went there, because...it's "BACON!! I'm weird like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.