Sunday, April 7, 2024

Unfinished

 




"












I think ageing is an extraordinary process whereby you become the person you always should've been." --David Bowie

 

Forward, ever forward

we wander through time

seconds, minutes, hours,

days. weeks, months, years,

wearing remnants of our past.

There’s no backtracking

and I won’t be pigeon-holed

by those who think they know me.

know who I am

 and all that you don’t see.

There’s fire in my heart

   passion my soul;

I won’t be diminished.

I’m still a work in progress

just call me unfinished

 

© Ginny Brannan


Day 7 From Good Universe Niext Door: Write a poem about learning to love yourself. It can be aspirational (what it would be like), or it can capture where you are right now in your self-love journey. 


Image: Head of a Woman; unfinished by Salvador Dali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.