Sunday, April 7, 2024

Held in Stasis

 










I did not forget you, my darling,

I just hit pause for a while,

my self-defined procrastination– 

the inner writer whispered, “sit”

and I surrendered to temptation.

I did not forget you, my sweet,

 but I wrapped myself instead

inside of that creative fog, resetting 

from the week that’s passed, 

regrouping for the week ahead.

I did not forget you, my love,

nor all the years we spent

and what you meant to me.

You’re still in every breath I take

nothing was in vain.

I carry your heart inside of my own

and so will remain.

 

© Ginny Brannan 2024


There is nothing ordinary about April 7th, but for once it didn’t hit me with the usual sense of anxiety and dread; no painful moments running like a loop in my head. And while I don’t believe such moments will ever really disappear, for today there was reprieve. Perhaps a gift. He always read me so well!

2 comments:

  1. Ginny, what a lovely piece of writing. I am so glad that you are feeling this way. Time does heal but you never forget xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.