Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Teetering

Once more I'm staring into the abyss,
down in the shadows,  hear the Sirens’ call--
like waking dreams, where something is amiss,
their echoes rise against the sheer rock wall.
Again, I'm standing on this precipice;
I teeter on the edge, try not to fall
What happened to the path, no longer clear?
Will anybody see me disappear?

© Copyright Ginny Brannan June 2010
(Thanks to LP and MJM for their invaluable help!)

Shared at One Stop Poetry, One Shot Wednesday 6/09/2011 

Shared at Jingle Poetry, Poetry Potluck 6/20/2011  

Internet Image: "Precipice"

11 comments:

  1. For some reason, no matter how hard I try, the site has been blocking my comments (

    I will try again. I love the solitary sense of this wonderfully crafted Ottava Rima. Beautiful.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice combination of strong sounding clear lines and imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will anyone notice...when standing on that precipice its easy to think they will not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very lovely write and the rhyming works in so naturally..."will anybody see me disappear"....oh most definitely yes... as your poetry sings and must be heard...

    great write...

    sincerely,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rhymed very well indeed
    Of course I can follow that lead
    Will anyone see or tell
    If one disappears for a spell
    Depends on who can be found
    That live all around

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely...I'm imagining there are beloveds who would miss you more than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect capture of emotions and nature.
    Glad to see you share.

    Happy Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the question is haunting...
    beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  9. This beautiful Ginny you write with such emotion and such grace too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very powerful, Ginny! I agree with mindlovemisery. Beautiful, Ginny! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.