Friday, April 6, 2018

But for the Grace...

I could share with you a story:
one of death and sadness,
of loss and hardship
but to what purpose, to what end?
Any person who has reached a certain age
has their own stories to tell.
We overcome adversity not by wallowing in  it
but by walking through it
They say: “That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.”
I much prefer, simply
“With pain comes strength.”
The person you knew decades ago is not the person I am now.
I am molded by all who have touched my life;
those who have left, those who have stayed.
All that we experience becomes part of our story,
not only the hardships, but the kindnesses;
and in the end, we are all stories…
how we choose to write ours is up to us.


© Ginny Brannan 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.