Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Careful What You Wish For...

Image by author













I miss those quiet mornings
when I would sip my coffee
and contemplate the day,
perhaps pen a few lines 
listening to the songs
of the spring birds 
returning to our yard.

I am still trying to adapt
to these new–found sounds:
mindless chatter and drone
the T.V. on for background noise
game shows, reality shows;
"What is 'reality?'” I ask myself

Reality is that things change;
The Fates and the Reaper work hand in hand,
must be careful what I wish for
lest your voice and banter disappear into the void
leaving me in silence forever.

So I'll listen as you watch these shows, amused,
 and wrapped inside my thoughts, I'll pen my blues.

© Ginny Brannan 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.