Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Be the Fire

 














When your gleam has lost its shine

as you wander through the dark

and you cannot seem to find

a bit of kindling for your spark,

I’ll meet you in your twilight space

I’ll join you in that darkened realm

and find the embers that you hide

not gone, but just obscured inside

and stir the light that brings you home.

 

And when you find that I’m burnt out

can’t see the sunlight for the rain

stumbling through a cloud of doubt

where all my efforts are in vain,

you drive away the seeds of fear

remind me that I’m not alone

and in the dankness of such days

you are the match that sets the blaze

to light my way on paths unknown.

 

Each of us has gotten lost

inside the vacuum of our souls

where everything exacts a cost

and leaves us aimless in our roles.

No matter what this life ingrains

nothing ever stays the same,

we're at the mercy of the tender

who searches ash for dying ember

to rouse the cinders that remain

so once more we can be the flame.

 

© Ginny Brannan 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.