Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Dance the Light


 









It’s been a long time since I’ve walked

along the road where happiness lives...

the path is filled with weeds, and grass so high

it’s gone to seed.  If I look real close

can still see the stones that line it.

There used to be a clear line to the door–

funny how I can't see it anymore

The wooden gate hangs by one hinge, and

everything’s in disrepair. It’s not that I no longer

care,  just perhaps not as much as I once did

The house is filled with creaks and moans

and echoes of  the joys it held.

The single hatchling’s up and flown;

and so I find I’m on my own, just

watching dust motes dance the light

and trusting all will be alright

 

© Ginny Brannan 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.