Monday, May 1, 2023

And the "Flying Fickle Finger of Fate" award goes to...

 
Another April come and gone

once again, I’m running late:

it isn’t like I didn’t try

but time just got away from me,

and it’s so hard to concentrate

when my other duties call;

all the words evaporate

half-started poems sit unresolved.

It’s not like I procrastinate...

so many other things to do­,

and so I share this explanation

now that Poetry Month is through.

I watched as others made the cut—

Dedication?  Or sheer luck?

Still, many may commiserate

like me, not finding full fruition.

I'm looking forward to next year

with guarded hope, and less attrition!


Fingers crossed!


© Ginny Brannan 2023


From the 1960’s show Rowan and Martins “Laugh In”

The “Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award” was used to “laud” (aka poke fun at) celebrities and government officials for something they did, or didn't do. I am obviously neither, but the title still seems fitting!

 

Image frame: From Rowan and Martin's "Laugh In"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.