Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Shadow Dancing

















Between the shadows and the light

sunless days and sleepless nights

experience has taught me well;

but in the chill of the unknown

it’s difficult to walk alone,

I’ve clawed my way through certain hell.

Life’s thrown us both a punch or two

and made us leery in our quest;

it’s difficult at any age

to stare upon an empty page,

not quite knowing what comes next.

Illuminate me with your words,

let their light pour down on me

unfettered and undeterred,

I revel in their honesty.

We each come from a storied past

and both of us have tales to tell,

they’ve shaped us into who we are

much more than just some empty shell

Back and forth with words we volley,

the ball is firmly in your court—

perhaps it’s more than some fool’s folly

though neither really can be sure,

with trepidation we tread lightly

inside our rhymes and metaphor.

 

© Ginny Brannan 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.