Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tardis Dreams


I dreamed a door between two worlds,
a time-tear in reality
transporting me into a place
where pain and sadness cease to be.

And as I slipped through hidden port
into this realm of fantasy,
I saw envisioned hopes and wants
existing there in clarity.

In dream state only, place exists...
yet, as the dawn unleashes me—
this world encountered still remains
embedded in my memory.

© Ginny Brannan 2013

Photo by Elena Kalis

















Written for The Mag #182--image provided by Tess Kincaid.
She provides the image, we the story!

7 comments:

  1. nice play on dr who in the title...smiles..we can def slip into fantasy but we'll never really outrun our reality....the trick is def getting those dreams to follow us back through the hole...smiles..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sometimes dreams are our way of escaping for just a little while. The "secret door" part of this was based on a dream I had as a young child that I still remember. The play on "Dr. Who"--my son has me addicted to the reruns able to pull up on new Kindle App. I rather like this character who slips through time and space, and believes we all have the capacity to change things and be better than we are.

      Delete
  2. Lovely regretful "if only" poem. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reads so smooth, and I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was enjoyable as I love dream states there is so much to discovery in the other realm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfectly painted picture of that feeling on waking, with embedded dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.