Monday, August 17, 2026

So Much to Do, So Little Time


 











I’m always late, I have to run

I have no time to stop

I can’t rest for a moment,

I’m always on the clock.

The second hand is spinning

– No thanks to the Hatter;

his tea party’s disorganized,

to him time doesn’t matter.

Currently the dormouse 

is sleeping in a pot

while the Cheshire Cat fades once again:

he’s there, and then he’s not!

The caterpillar’s always high–

his smoke blows in my face;

how often I have wondered

what I’m doing in this place!

Tweedledum and Tweedledee 

can’t make up their minds;
and some strange girl slipped down a hole

and claims that it was mine.

And me? I'm just a rabbit

in a pocket watch and vest…

I cannot stop to talk to you,

there isn’t time to rest!!!


© Ginny Brannan 2026


Prompted. The challenge? Brainstorm a list of fairy tale characters. Choose one and write a poem from the perspective of that character. Bonus points if you use the poem to secretly reveal something about your own life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.