Tuesday, September 21, 2021

The Hunger

 



You paint your poems with pretty words

while adjectives enhance your story,

placed between the nouns and verbs

skillful bait to lure your quarry…

I much prefer the allegory

the hidden meaning tucked within

the lines that take us on a journey

with secrets there but for the taking

the ciphers hidden in the words

the abstract code without a key

the dance between the ink and reader

shrouded deep in mystery.

Mayhap there is an undercurrent—

something to which we relate;

that calls to all that lies within us

sequestered in some hidden cache

where connection flows like current

Perhaps its kismet? Maybe fate?

So keep on writing, I’ll keep reading

bring your fire, bring the chill

feed my hunger, light the darkness

This plate is empty, the knife lies waiting

you decide what to reveal

while I await to eat my fill.

 

© Ginny Brannan 2021



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.