Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The Price We Pay

 

‘Pinch me,’ I cried, ‘awake me from this dream

 I’m stuck somewhere between

  the place of love and loss.”

My losses have been many,

  too well I know the cost. 

 

Alas, I do not sleep,

too many hearts I keep...

  love is never cheap

 

 

Joining De Jackson at D’Verse Poets Pub today for Quadrille #193. 
A Quadrille is a small succinct poem of exactly 44 words. It may rhyme...or not. Today's Quadrille is to be written to include the word "pinch" in one of it's many forms.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this... and to be stuck between love and loss... if only sleep would come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite an investment that doesn't always p(l)ay out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel this deeply. If only sleep would come quickly. It is good to read you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such dreams we want to awaken from, if only they were just dreams. Great take on the prompt, Ginny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.