Monday, October 9, 2023

It Probably Wouldn't Work Anyways

 














The seed of a thought has planted itself

in a niche somewhere deep in my brain

it whispers of some kind of normalcy

and murmurs of new possibilities

the idea of which both frightens me,

and lifts from the pain that remains.

Still, I question of the practicality 

of pondering such triviality.

it probably wouldn’t work anyways

and inside of this current reality

any hope that I hold feels in vain.

Yet the idea persists, won’t cease or desist,

it even appears in my dreams–

it’s hard to ignore as it plays tug o’ war

insists on existing despite my resisting

rattling me to my core.

It’s not like we don’t have rapport,

yet this doesn’t adhere to the norm...

it takes on theme that isn’t mainstream;

but at this stage, must we conform?

And it might cause a few heads to turn–

I weigh that, while trying to make sense.

It waffles between established routine

taking us both to a different extreme

both exciting and pretty intense.

Have I ever mentioned that I over-think things

no matter how large or how small?

I hash and rehash them and sometimes I save them

take out, think about, and sometimes replace them

while weighing the risks and pitfalls.

And I’ve thought all this out, six ways to Sunday

and won't argue for or against...

so if it gets awkward, well what can I say?

If one of us chooses to just walk away?

 At least we both came to the dance.


© GB 2023

2 comments:

  1. I have similar troubles about making any decisions! I blame it on the 'Two Fish Pisces' vibe - always being pulled in opposite directions. I enjoyed your closing lines that neatly wrapped up your earlier deliberations in a humorous way. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a Pisces also. Maybe that explains it. Seems like as good a reason as any!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.