Saturday, February 25, 2023

True “Confess” ions

 




















So it is with trepidation that I’d share a revelation,

and iterate this compilation without further hesitation.

I think it’s best that first I mention the very crux of my intention.

The aforementioned situation fills my heart with trepidation

where even smallest repercussion bears further study and discussion;

plus, my fear of deep rejection causes pause without exception..

Indeed, what would be your perception of one so steeped in imperfection?

And would it lead to misconception, a certain lack of comprehension

some unforeseen delineation, an unexpected confrontation

where even deeper explanation causes further fragmentation?

Somewhere in our evolution,  we’ve all faced some persecution

and only with this bold admission might seek forgiveness through attrition

So after much consideration, I must conclude this attestation

coming to the realization that there can be no revelation—

without further hesitation, I  acquiesce this dissertation.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

  And should this leave a bad impression,  that was never my intention!

 

© Ginny Brannan 2023


Artwork: The Confession 1838 by Giuseppe Molteni

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.