Sunday, May 22, 2022

Show Me Your 'Dark Side'

 











Ahh, poetry:

light and airy; peaceful, serene–

pretty words with dips and swells

to leave you feeing all is well

…even if it isn’t so

who’s the wiser; who’s to know?

I’d rather the sting of raw honesty

that rips out your gut 

and sets your thoughts free.

So send me your sadness

while holding me under,

take out the sweetness, throw it asunder.

Drown me darkness

emotional wreckage,

make me feel carnage;

write of your baggage.

Write of  your passion,

your madness, your anger;

the bowels of depression

the look from a stranger…

write of the blood that flows in your veins

or spills in the streets; write of your pain.

Fill me with words that you’re itching to share

ready when you are, please take me there.


© Ginny Brannan 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.