Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Pushing Through
















I wanted to write of the sunlight

how bright the days are turning

the sound of March winds through the trees

the spring birds singing with delight

how new life is returning

 

How through it all I hear your voice

your presence still surrounds me

I talk to you as if you’re here

I really do not have a choice

for it is you that grounds me

 

But I am not some brittle shell

I garner strength through being

through each day lived and each day loved

in each hello or fond farewell

in every moment breathing

 

and so the sun will shine once more

and so the rains will come

and hope grows like the fragile stem

that breaks the ground to rise again

by will,  it overcomes

 

© Ginny Brannan 2022


Photo: Charles Parant Appetite for Photos. Used with expressed written permission.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one Ginny. A new approach to a familiar theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.