Wednesday, November 24, 2021

While Waiting for Daybreak

 


Would my life were just a photo

smiling back from someone’s screen–

some painted memories in an album

that tell some happy little story,

yet we’re not always who we seem.

 

At times, the past feels like a dream

as days and months keep wending by–

the winter cold sneaks down upon us

as life keeps going all around us.

Like the leaves, we slip and fall

  ...we’re only human, after all.

 

Clouds roll in, dark days abound

to gnaw us like some parasite;

I find my thoughts begin to wander

and in the early hours I ponder

the chill that permeates these bones,

yet will not share with any candor

how hard it is to be alone.

 

© Ginny Brannan 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.