Sunday, August 1, 2021

What's Left Unsaid...

 

Photo by C. Parant Appetite for Photos "Watercolors"
















How often we have said hello

during times when things are status quo

and every day blends into one;

it’s during those times that seem mundane

the times when everything’s the same

we banter over little things,

maybe share a laugh or two

parade our memories for review;

these moments somehow keep us sane.

And on the days with clouds and rain

when there isn’t much to say,

when the wind picks up the waves

and threatens us with hurricane

and world takes on an ugly hue…

you’ve talked me through the hurt I feel

lifted me beyond the pain

to set me on my course again.

And when there’s nothing left to add

when the words have petered out

and it’s time we bid adieu,

I will tell you to ‘take care’

it means exactly as it sounds

stay safe, be well, you’re part of me

and I am here and I’m your friend…

and so much more that isn’t said.

It stems from that place deep within

where friendship and where love abide

camaraderie between two friends

 rolling with the wind and tide

 

© Ginny Brannan 2021

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, I like it.(and the photo is nice too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have this friend who's a great photographer...

      Delete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.