Thursday, May 13, 2021

After the Rain











The grass is up to my knees

along with the dandelions and weeds–

well, that may be ever-so-slightly exaggerated...

Since April, there has been an abundance of clouds.

The rains came heavily at first, and the grayness

hung like a weight not wanting to let go.

But I’ve been noticing the colors more of late,

the flowers in my yard growing with a zeal and abundance 

I have never observed before.

And interspersed with rain have come golden sunsets,

the light in the western sky stretching late into evening.

I am reminded of a thousand sunsets shared

and trust that they’re being seen through my eyes now.


So if you’re wondering how I am doing

in the midst of your own busy day,

the rain is subsiding, and I am okay.


© Ginny Brannan 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.