Thursday, May 14, 2020

Grasping at Straws














I find hope in the way the late day sun 
reflects on the rushing stream
a hundred thousand diamonds 
glistening, there for the taking.
I find hope in the robin, tiny twigs in its beak
busily building a nest for the coming brood.
I find hope in the brazen jay
stealing food set out for our feral cats,
lucky that he isn’t their dinner!
I find hope in the wren’s song
singing his cheerful ode to the day 
from the flowering dogwood tree.
I find hope in the stalwart dandelions
determined to take over the lawn
despite my best efforts to keep them at bay.
I find hope in the colors and the light,
in random acts of  kindness 
those reaching out to help others,
people helping people.

Despite our trials, the dark days
past, current, and yet to come,
we are still here, we survive.
All things are possible with you by my side–
In you, I find my hope,

© Ginny Brannan

2 comments:

  1. we are still here, we survive.
    All things are possible with you by my side–
    In you, I find my hope,

    Isn't it a nice feeling that one can feel assured in the presence of someone special. Relationships so blessed hard to come by!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing a comment. Much appreciated. We are all trying to hang on to what we can in these uncertain times. Be well, Hank!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.