Monday, February 17, 2020

Restored














There hardly seems a time that I recall
when we weren’t pulled in opposite directions,
some days I feel I’m up against a wall
no longer now your object of affection.
But then I see your eyes and feel your touch
your sweet, soft words are tempered with inflection:
you see me for the person that I am
we needn’t mask ourselves in self-pretention.
And when there’s little else I can endure,
when I’ve lost belief in my convictions
it’s by your faith in me I am restored
and through your love am cured of my afflictions.
With you here by my side I am complete–
 enfolded in your arms, I cede defeat.

© Ginny Brannan 2020

For my friend, Yvonne, who challenges a poem with three words included: wall, touch, restore.

Image Credit: Buzz16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.