Thursday, March 7, 2019

Spinning












Do not confuse my anger with how I feel about you.
My anger is borne of frustration,
perhaps because I set the bar so high for myself
that I expect…no demand…the same from others
Patience thins quickly:
the nurse that should know her job
but must come back
because of tests forgotten;
the ones who plow through
despite the sign in front of them that says “Stop.”
Is there no one that understands?
Each small infraction grows and compounds
fueling this loss of control
—and cannot–fix–this...
Perhaps I have lost sight of the bigger picture,
floundering in the minutia
searching for the light;
for someone that can tell me
You’ll get through this...
  and we’ll be all right. 
  
© Ginny Brannan 2019

Image: Nature's Landscape Supercell pictures, storm, Wyoming.

2 comments:

  1. People are human. Some are better people than others, but all fall short of perfection. Only One walked in complete perfection. We can always turn to Him because He is the "someone that can tell me
    You’ll get through this...
    and we’ll be all right." Thanks for sharing your words. Praying for you.... ��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.