Saturday, July 14, 2018

Lullaby
















Outside now, night has fallen
over hill the moon doth creep,
the sweet boy child with impish smile
says “Mommy, sing me down to sleep.

"I’ve searched for hidden treasures
and climbed up on Mt. Doom
then slipped down through the rabbit hole
and landed in my room.”

The dinosaurs watch from their shelves
the books are put away
the toys are tucked inside their box
to play another day

And so I hug my ‘sleepyhead’
and sing familiar tune
of cowboys and of cattle
as we gaze out at the moon.

Too soon I know this child will grow
for time does not retreat;
I watch his face in sweet repose
and as he falls asleep….
I pray the angels keep.

© Ginny Brannan 2018


Images: Top, Google Images Art.Com
Bottom: Pinterest  Best Moon Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my poetry and sharing your thoughts.